HomeShopTutorialsMy Gallery Country LivingDriftwoodFurniture PaintingGolden Minds

Saturday 26 May 2012

Shabby Chic Gift Idea - Decoupage On Wood

  An upcoming wedding prompted me to look for a dress. Never mind that I have several to choose from, fashion changes and taste does as well.
I will never tire of the rose and of roses, however. I have quite a few in my steadily growing napkin collection.
The beginnings of my efforts were not easy, as I was not familiar with the technique or the materials used. I was however quite proud of the final effect.
If I recall correctly this is my first decoupage picture frame done with the napkin technique.
You can admire the results yourself.




  The frame was finished with a velvet ribbon and a matte acrylic lacquer with a delicate tint around the edges of the frame - shabby chic style.


  In this piece I also first experienced working with a glue gun.
  I think the picture frame would make a lovely wedding souvenir. 

Returning to my dress - guess what I found in my closet .... a black and white dress with roses. Well, better late than never.

Here are "rosey" things from my favourite shops.

Gorgeous Vintage Inspired Daisy Roses Display Mannequin by CorsetLacedMannequin.



 Also AtelierEdytaLoukiaand and her artistic vision with a rose motif. 




 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful clutch. I love anything floral, such a springy and girly print.
    I found you through BlogLoveTherapy, wondering if you would like to follow each other? :)

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yuli. Thanks for visiting. Great blog about you and your passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you so much for following! Looking forward to more of your posts :)

      Yuli

      Delete
  3. that frame looks great, i really want to get more crafty this summer and I never tire of vintage rose anything!
    thanks for your comment on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'm fascinated by your pegs creations. This is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photoframe!! I love anything with flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carolina. Your photography is very realistic. Great quality of photos. Would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this frame, it's so delicate and beautiful !

    Fashion and Cookies
    You are invited to enter my giveaway: win a $ 100 gift card on Shopbop.com !

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear readers and friends. Your presence on my blog is very valuable and your nice comments much appreciated. So please sit down and and enjoy with me my virtual journey. :)